Kigali Marriott Hotel
April 19 – 21, 2017
Are you an entrepreneur? Do you have registered business in Rwanda? Have you ever wondered how you can take your business to the next level of growth? The Rwanda Investment Conference & Expo 2017 is for You!
Register Today and Join us for 2 nights of Business Growth Workshops on April 19-20, 2017 from 6-9pm and 1 day of Entrepreneur-Investor Meetups and Private Investment Presentations on April 21, 2017 at Kigali Marriott Hotel. Selected entrepreneurs with existing, profitable businesses will stand for a chance to be invited to meet investors and privately present their businesses for investments ranging from RWF 4,000,000 – RWF 16,000,000 per entrepreneur.
The Rwanda Investment Conference & Expo is an annual premium conference hosted by the Rwanda Business Development Center (BDC) in collaboration with its local and international partners, to provide an opportunity for Rwandan entrepreneurs to meet with U.S investors in a view of promoting the SMEs growth through foreign direct investment. This event fuels the growth of high potential Rwandan SMEs through training, and connections with local & international business networks, access to capital, and access to markets.
The Rwanda Investment Conference & Expo 2017 is being organized as a 3-day event that will include a 2-day business investment tour for U.S investors and local officials to visit previous investments (on April 19-20, from 9am-4pm; a 2-evenings business growth and marketplace conference for 300 entrepreneurs (on April 19-20, 2017 from 6-9pm), and 1 full day of entrepreneur-investor meet-ups and investment negotiations (on April 21, 2017, full day on scheduled hours). Through this event, investors will give an opportunity to selected high potential entrepreneurs to present for a chance to receive direct investment ranging from 4,000,000 FRW to 16,000,000 FRW.
Event Date: April 19-21, 2017;
Venue: Kigali Marriott Hotel, Kilimanjaro Conference Room
Registration (March 7th – April 6th, 2017)
We are seeking applications from high potential SMEs, to attend Rwanda Investment Conference & Expo 2017 to be held at Kigali Marriott Hotel, from Based on entrepreneur profiles, quality of applications and investment criteria, investors will select SMEs for investment negotiation during the entrepreneur-investor meetups and private presentations.
Marketplace Conference (2 Evenings, April 19-20, 2017 from 6-9pm)
- SME Growth Workshops: local and international experts hold brief workshops on topics immediately relating to SME growth steps like starting up, operations, marketing, customer care, financing, growth and sustainability.
- Networking, Mingling and Private Interview Times: Throughout the event there will be times when investors can mingle with and privately interview the entrepreneurs seeking investment, just at the expo venue.
Investment Expo/Pitching (1 Day, April 21, 2017 – Scheduled Hours for Entrepreneurs Selected for Investment Presentation)
- Investments: Selected entrepreneurs with existing, profitable businesses will stand for a chance to privately meet investors and present their investment proposals for an opportunity to secure an investment ranging from RWF 4,000,000-RWF16,000,000 per entrepreneur. Selection will be at the discretion of investors, based on the information submitted by entrepreneurs and connections established in networking sessions during the Conference on Day 1 and Day 2. In total, the opportunity to participate in this investment component will be given to approximately 10% of conference participants. Review the investment focus and industry preferences below.
- Business Pitching: All the 25 exhibitors will present their businesses to the investors and get immediate interest from investors. Format: Shark-tank format.
- Investments Followup: After the event, investors will visit the new potential investments resulting from the Investment Conference & Expo (SMEs that they took interest in).
- We will be giving investments to existing businesses that are profitable but needed capital or equipment to go to the next level of growth
- Entrepreneurs should have a clear plan to go to the next level of growth stated in point 1.
- How much are we giving?: RWF 4,000,000-16,0000,000 of initial investment
- We are looking to invest in assets like equipment
- We are not looking to make loans but we are looking to make investments for royalty and equity, not loans
The investments will have a special focus on the following sectors:
- Manufacturing businesses
- Construction materials
- Household appliances
- Infrastructure Providers
- Telecommunications: hardware and networking, information technology services
- Online or internet companies
- Consumer products
We are currently accepting applications for the Investment Conference & Expo 2017. If you are an entrepreneur and have a registered business, Click here to register.
You don’t have a registered business, but know someone who might be a good candidate for this opportunity? Tell us the full names, email address and phone number of the entrepreneur you are nominating, we will contact him/her back.
Thank you for visiting our website and for checking the Rwanda Investment Conference & Expo 2017. We hope that you will consider registering to attend this FREE, premium event and wish you all the best in your application. Selection feedback will be communicated via email no later than April 17th, 2017.
For further inquiries or clarification, please contact the Rwanda Business Development Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +250788316363.