Rewarding Outstanding Contributions to the Customer Service and Call Center Profession in Rwanda: The Chartered Institute of Customer Management (CICM) to Award 10 Fellowships to Rwandan Professionals.
Call For Nominations for CICM Fellowship
Through it’s Africa Regional Headquarters in South Africa, the Chartered Institute for Customer Management (CICM), a global body for customer service and call center professionals, is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the highly-coveted CICM Fellowship Status. This round of nominations seeks to bestow the CICM Fellow (F-CICM) status to 10 Rwandan professionals for their outstanding contributions to the customer service and call center industry as CICM officially launches programs in this country in 2017. This activity is coordinated by the Rwanda Business Development Center (BDC Rwanda), the official CICM local partner for Rwanda. Fellowships will be awarded at the end of the month of January 2017. Deadline for Nominations: January 6th, 2017.
Here below is an overview about CICM, the fellowship status and ways to send nominations:
The Chartered Institute of Customer Management (CICM) is a global body for customer service and call center professionals, currently represented in three continents through its global implementation and certification partnership network. CICM aims to inspire the achievement of the highest standards of professionalism in all aspects of customer service, and in every international market. CICM has a knowledgeable and highly experienced team; call center and customer service experts on a strategic advisory panel and experienced worldwide partnership offering international industry-recognized educational and certification programs.
Through its Africa regional offices in South Africa; CICM expands its presence across Africa though national partners tasked to deliver its programs on the grounds; which of course makes it easier for professionals to “glocalize” their knowledge, by learning and applying global best practice in customer service, call centers and service quality in their own context.
There are different membership categories of CICM membership according to the academic and professional levels of the member in the customer service industry, with the highest credential level being the “Fellowship Status”.
The CICM fellowship policy enables members and outstanding client focused business leaders across the globe to be awarded fellowship after ten-years’ continuous membership and compliance with CICM’s continuous development programme or due to their outstanding track record in customer experience or call centre leadership. CICM consulted with membership across the globe to formulate the F-CICM policy, and the response was that ten years’ post qualified experience was an appropriate period within which to obtain the necessary skills and knowledge to qualify for this higher level of membership. Fellowship is the highest grade of both Academic & Professional members. All applicants must be able to demonstrate leadership in the profession by influencing significant numbers of professionals and/or others to achieve common goals, understanding or views within the call centre / customer service profession. They are likely to have a minimum ten years’ experience and must be able to demonstrate at least one of the following:
- Professional Eminence
The F-CICM status demonstrates to employers and the industry that members have extensive experience and have made a long-term commitment to customer service leadership, professionalism and ethics. There is no formal application process to achieve fellowship which is done due to nominations by industry peers or by the CICM academic board after the completion of our CICM graduate programs or equivalent. Fellow-CICM receive a letter and a certificate to welcome them to their newly awarded-F-CICM status. F-CICM certificates are sealed at a special meeting of the CICM Special Council, continental or country event.
- Opportunity to be a presenter at CICM continental and international events.
- Have the top CICM membership credentials F-CICM
- Free attendance of all CICM events
- Have a say in selecting future fellows
- Published in the CICM websites, magazine and newsletters
- Your employees or organisation receives a discounted price for all CICM events, trainings or academic programmes.
- Opportunity to have your researches, whitepapers, achievements to be published in our academic journals and magazine.
CICM Fellowship is conferred through:
- Nomination / recommendation by industry peers / thought leaders
Outstanding leaders, researchers, innovators, who have made a significant impact in service delivery or in the board of customer service or call centre industry development are honoured annually.
- Successful completion of the CICM Professional Postgraduate Diplomas qualification or an equivalent qualification acceptable by the academic board, together with ten years in a senior management position (Ten years at, or close to, board level, OR Successful completion of the CICM Professional Postgraduate Diploma qualification or AND holding the position of Professor or Reader, or an equivalent position acceptable by the council).
CICM Fellow Status (F-CICM) – Nomination
The nominating organization/entity/person sends a recommendation letter via CICM Rwanda’s email: email@example.com. The email shall be titled “CICM Fellowship Nomination_NameOfTheNominee” and shall contain the following background information about the nominee:
- Phone Number,
- E-mail Address,
- Current Job Position
- Years of Industry Relevant Experience
- Brief Bio (150-250 words) – citing achievements
CICM Fellow Status (F-CICM) – Individual Application of the Professional
- A completed application form signed by your supervisor or business referee.
- A full CV signed by your supervisor or business referee
- Copy of company organisation chart showing your position and your reports
- Copy of your job description.
- Details of key achievements with traceable reference
- Research activity, grants obtained, specifying the source (for researchers)
- Evidence of how your business has developed during the past three years.
- Notable awards and achievements
We will observe strict commercial confidentiality at all times and will return any documents if requested. If you require any further information, grading and selection processes please don’t hesitate call us at Tel: +250788316363 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.