RWANDA INVESTMENT CONFERENCE & EXPO 2016
Kigali, May 16 – 18, 2016
Are you an entrepreneur? Have a registered, profitable business in Rwanda? Need an extra Capital to take your business to the next level of growth? Attend the 2nd Annual Rwanda Investment Expo 2016; an opportunity to secure a $5,000-$20,000 investment from investors.
<a title="Rwanda Investment Expo 2016"
About the event
After a successful 1st Rwanda Investment Expo in August 2015, the Rwanda Business Development Centre is organizing the 2nd annual Investment Conference & Expo as a 3-day event that will include a 2-day business investment tour (visiting previous investments), a 2-nights marketplace conference for 80 entrepreneurs, and 1 day of entrepreneur-investor meet-ups that will give an opportunity to 25 high potential entrepreneurs to showcase what they do and connect with investors. This event will facilitate the growth of high potential Rwandan SMEs through training, and connections with local & international business networks, access to capital, and access to markets
Schedule of the Event
Registration (April 18th – May 11th, 2016)
- In April 2016, the BDC Rwanda, in collaboration with the Rwanda entrepreneurship ecosystem, out 100 entrepreneurs for the Rwanda Marketplace Conference. Based on entrepreneur profiles, investors will select 25 SMEs for investment negotiation.
Business Tour (2-Days: May 16 – 17)
- International investors, and other local officials will visit the previous investments and business deals from the first Rwanda Investment Expo of August 2015.
Marketplace Conference (2-Evenings: May 16-17)
- SME Growth Workshops: local and international experts hold brief workshops on topics immediately relating to SME growth steps like starting up, operations, marketing, customer care, financing, growth and sustainability.
Investment Expo (1 Day: May 18, 2016)
- Exhibition: 25 SMEs earmarked for the 1 day investment expo will exhibit their businesses/products at the expo venue. All exhibitors will have an opportunity to attract investment ranging from $5,000 – $20,000 per entrepreneur.
- Business Pitching: All the 25 exhibitors will present their businesses to the investors and get immediate interest from investors. Format: Shark-tank format.
- Investment vehicles: We will have template investment term sheets, contracts, and other investment vehicles to facilitate transactions that are both investor and entrepreneur friendly. An advisory team will also be available to help with this process.
- Networking, Mingling and Private Interview Times: Throughout the event there will be times when investors can mingle with and privately interview the entrepreneurs seeking investment, just at the expo venue.
- Investments Followup: After the event, investors will visit the new potential investments resulting from the 2nd Investment Conference & Expo (SMEs that they took interest in).
- Existing Businesses that are profitable but needed capital or equipment to go to the next level of growth and have a business plan to go to the next level of growth.
- $5,000-$20,000 initial investment
- We are not looking to make loans but we are looking to make investments for royalty and equity, not loans
- Looking to invest in assets like equipment
- Telecommunications: hardware and networking, information technology services
- Online or internet companies
- Manufacturing businesses
- Infrastructure Providers
- Airplane/aeronautical industries
- Household appliances
- Consumer products